This blog belongs to Lee White. I am a student of the intersection between technology, information processing and organizational dynamics, and have been for over 20 years. For the last several years I have finally been able to move toward combining these disciplines into a single competency, social media development.
- Social Media has more to to with behavior, attitudes and culture than with technology.
- Value should drive the adpotion of new technology and new processes not the other way around.
- The opportunity afforded by social computing tools is not yet well understood by the majority of indigenous citizens.
- Most social computing tool vendors are not yet focused on enterprise customers.
- The corporate firewall is becoming more porous than Sr. Management hopes or believes.
Given this environment, I am focusing my career path on the effective implementation and deployment of social media in the enterprise.
This blog is a chronicle of what I see and what I think about the emergence of social media as it applies to the workplace.